Wednesday, August 19, 2026

STILL STUMBLING ALONG...


...but maybe making some progress!

Because we've had some nippy frosts, I thought I'd better brave the elements and snap some pics before Ol' Jack bit things.

A lovely red pelargonium (geranium to many of you!)



Some pretty "weeds"



A lone hyacinth...


One Dutch iris...


Agapanthus



Some pretty weeds...


A basket of pansies I abandoned in ferociously hot and windy weather...they done come back, ma'm! 

I have a few daffs, but they're in shade at the moment...maybe I'll update this later with more pics...


7 comments:

  1. Are you in Spring now? It’ll be lovely to see your Spring and Summer when we’re in the grip of Autumn and Winter! Your garden is looking lovely.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...it's a shared space, but I'd really like to do something more than have a few pots. I will get some peas and beans in when it's a bit warmer (the bathroom window sill is lined with loo roll cardboards which are great for seeds!)

      Delete
  2. Just spotted this post - it obviously arrived late into the Reader, as I had to scroll down to see it. It's a proper mix of seasons there, isn't it? Primulas and iris and agapanthus, at the same time?! Like Ms Scarlet, although it's confusing to see your Spring starting as our late summer is fading, I'm looking forward to seeing more. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There should be some lovely things just around the corner...

      Delete
  3. Those "weeds" really are very pretty. Is that a Salvia they're sharing the pot with?

    I've just been doing some very quick research into NZ climate as, like Jon, I'm amazed that you have agapanthus and pelargoniums flowering at the same time as hyacinths and irises. Average max & min temps of 15 & 8 at this time of year would seem to be responsible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Well=spotted...I think it's a couple of bits of Amistad salvia that snapped off in the car (well, it's a tad tall for the back seat of a little Susuki!) the day I bought it.

      Delete

ABOUT INAPPROPRIATE FOOTWEAR...

The matter has been/continues to be a somewhat prickly issue for some of us.  I'm talking about the devil-spawn things called crocs that...